Over 80 participants came together for Hacking Dermatology between September 13th-September 15th, held in District Hall Boston for the second year in a row. Out of a total of 12 teams, the following teams were selected for awards:
- CureSore – A mobile phone application and sticker for at-home patient monitoring
- Flare – Continuous noninvasive monitoring to support patients in tracking their eczema
- Relief – A mobile app using patient input and geolocation data to identify and predict flares
- Skin on a Chip – Embedding patient’s skin on a chip for medication testing
- WartPatch – A painless microneedle-based immunotherapy delivery device for treating warts
- SmartConsent – HONORABLE MENTION – Increasing the efficiency of obtaining consents from patients
All teams from the event are also eligible to compete in the Hacking Dermatology pitch competition later this year. Special thanks to Hacking Medicine Institute, LEO Pharma, and Advancing Innovation in Dermatology for making this event possible!