Hacking Medicine Round 2 just finished up this last weekend. It was fantastic! Honestly the group that collected was an impressive mix of 18 year old hackers, experienced graduate level engineers, business students, medical students and seasoned medical professionals.
And there were hundred dollar bills flying through the air? I mean who thought healthcare could be this fun?!?
As we start to put the weekend in the rear view mirror we are ever focused on the next steps. You’ve got a great project, now what?
This certainly isnt a one size fits all situation, but most of these projects are at a perfect phase for one of the accelerators, business plan competitions, or health prizes. Toward that end, here is a list of places to look for further mentorship and seed money. As always, if you have a project you are working on and need help, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll try to be helpful.
Business Plan Competitions and Health Prizes (Let us know if we forgot any):
- Health 2.0 Childhood Obesity: http://www.
health2challenge.org/2012/– Apps Due: April 2, 2012 active-schools-acceleration- project-innovation- competition/
- Data Design Diabetes: http://www.
datadesigndiabetes.com/– Apps Due: March 23, 2012
- MIT $100K: http://mit100k.org/bpc/bpc-rules/ – Apps Due: March 16, 2012
- HBS Biz Plan Competition: http://www.hbs.edu/entrepreneurship/bplan/calendar.html – Apps Due: March 22, 2012
Accelerators and Incubators:
- TechStars: http://www.techstars.com/ – Boston/New York/Boulder/Seattle
- Blueprint Health: http://www.blueprinthealth.org/index.php?page=application – Apps Due: June 8th, 2012
- Rockhealth: http://rockhealth.com/incubator/apply/
- Healthbox: http://www.healthboxaccelerator.com/
- StartupHealth: http://www.startuphealth.com/application/
Not Health Specific but still worth it:
- Mass Challenge: http://masschallenge.org/
- YCombinator (not health specific): http://ycombinator.com/apply.html
- DreamIt: http://dreamitventures.com/
There are many more but this should get you started.